About this blog

My "two cents" on being an old fashioned librarian in the digital age.
(Want to know more?)


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

September Library Display, 2013

Banned books week!

I give my library associate FULL credit for this one.  She did the signage, and she came up with the design.

"Celebrate the Freedom to Read"

 What's more iconic to Banned Books Week than burning books?


And my favorite Ray Bradbury quote....

Nuts and Bolts:

I brought in a few branches from my back yard, and we crumpled up some packing paper.  Easy peasy.  We cut the flames out of colored paper (not so easy peasy .... actually very annoying!)  But the smart thing we did was be very sparing in our use of tape so we could make sure we can reuse stuff like that.

We displayed books from the banned and challenged lists, and really got students talking about it.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment