About this blog

My "two cents" on being an old fashioned librarian in the digital age.
(Want to know more?)


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

November Library Display, 2013

We went historical for November.  We dug up books about the early colonization of America, books about Native Americans, and tossed in some kids' books on Thanksgiving to make it bright.

 "Happy Thanksgiving"

 So we went with the fall theme, and created a tree.  (Well, sort of... if you squint just right...)  Someone brought in a bag of decorative winter squash a few days later and filled the bottom shelf with those (but slacker that I am I didn't get a pic of that.)

Our front window became a cornucopia, spilling out fruit, veggies, and ebooks!


And because I could, I drew a cornucopia on the board as well.

Nuts and Bolts:

The tree was a pain.  I didn't want to waste a lot of paper, so I pieced together strips and tried to cover the seams with leaves we cut out of colored copy paper.  We did the same thing for the cornucopia in the window.  We found simple clipart that we printed large onto colored paper, and used gel pens to add extra color.

No comments:

Post a Comment